Ebenezer Tower Apartments
2523 Portland Ave. S.
Minneapolis, MN 55407
Independent Senior Living in Minneapolis
Looking for a maintenance-free lifestyle near downtown Minneapolis? Ebenezer Tower Apartments gives low-income seniors the freedom to enjoy their golden years in a community built to inspire. Based in a residential neighborhood in Midtown, our community offers stunning views of downtown Minneapolis – and provides easy access to explore the city.
With primarily market-rate homes for adults 62 and older, Ebenezer Tower also has apartments available to adults ages 50 to 61. Some homes are available as Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Section 8 residences. In addition, we accept vouchers.
Please be sure to review eligibility requirements before applying.
Ebenezer Tower Apartments have studio, one, and two bedroom floor plans available – ranging in size from 342 square feet to 730 square feet. Rent includes heat, air conditioning, water, and electricity. Each apartment is fully carpeted, includes a kitchen with stove and refrigerator, bathroom with walk-in shower, and ample closet space. Pets are allowed.
Our homes also come with a number of services to help make life easier. These include:
- Full-Time Licensed Social Worker
- Referral to Home Care & Other Services
- Onsite Caretaker 24 Hours a Day
- Off-Street Reserved Parking
- Weekly Tenant Bank (Check Cashing)
- Weekly Bus for Grocery Shopping
- Weekly Dairy & Grocery Service Onsite
- Seasonal Farmers Market
- Community Computer with Internet Access
- Art Program
- Garden Club & Plant Conservatory
- Exercise Room & Programs
- Spiritual Health Programs
- Recycling Program
- Access to Ebenezer Minneapolis Campus Activities
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Home Health Aid & Care Services*
- Grocery Delivery Service*
- Laundry Facilities*
- Pets Welcome*
- Optional Meals*
*Indicates Optional Services
The Spiritual Health programs at the Ebenezer Minneapolis Campus support residents, family members, and staff in their continuing spiritual growth and well-being. The Minneapolis Campus is home to the rich diversity that reflects the neighborhood in which it is located.
Our professionally trained chaplains serve as members of the Interdisciplinary Team, providing holistic care emphasized by spiritual support, empathic listening, and a non-judgmental presence. Chaplains assess spiritual needs, facilitate crucial conversations, offer a variety of rituals/services, are available for prayer, and support residents/families through life transitions including grief, various losses, and death.
Spiritual care has a positive effect on both health and longevity. Studies have shown that spiritual care can:
- Slow the progression of cognitive impairment with aging and may be associated with a slower progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Foster increased social participation
- Lower stress and increase coping capabilities
Our Campus is served by these chaplains:
Lee Casey, Director of Minneapolis Campus Spiritual Health
Carol Wachter, Staff Chaplain
Abdullahi Hurshow, Muslim Chaplain
Patty Beadle, Resident Chaplain
Ebenezer Care Center (Rehab and Long Term Care)
Loren on Park (Assisted Living)
Park Apartments (Independent Living)
Tower Apartments (Independent Living)
* This number also serves as the office contact for the Director of Spiritual Health.
All buildings can accommodate those seeking hospice support.
- Special Holiday and Holy Day Services Observed
- Outreach to deaf and deaf/blind residents including ASL interpreted services upon request
- Personal Visits
- Spiritual Health Programs Specific to Independent Living and Assisted Living Buildings
- Hospice care, funerals and/or Memorial Services
- Chaplain Chats (spiritual support and interaction) at various times for each campus site
Care Center Chapel Worship and Program Schedule:
Ecumenical Worship with Holy Communion *
Sundays at 10:30 am
*Includes rotation of monthly Muslim service
Individualized programming in our Memory Care Neighborhood
Wednesdays at 10:30 am
Ecumenical Worship Service
Memorial Service on last Wednesday of month
Fridays at 10:30 am
Catholic Eucharist weekly, Mass once a month
All services are broadcast on Channel 80 to the closed-circuit television system
Individualized Programming in Our Memory Care Neighborhood
Affordable Rent And A Variety Of Floor Plans
- Efficiency (342 square feet) $530
- Small one bedroom (420 square feet) $640
- Large one bedroom ( 477 square feet) $730
- Double efficiency (XL One bedroom, 682 square feet) $960
- One bedroom/efficiency (XXL One bedroom, 2 Baths,
- 819 square feet) $960
- Two bedroom (730 square feet -no floor plan available) $930
Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living operator with over 100 years of experience serving older adults. As part of Fairview Health Services, Ebenezer is dedicated to healing, discovering and educating for longer, healthier and meaningful lives.
Discrimination is Against the Law. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws. We do not discriminate against, exclude or treat people differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation.