At Ebenezer residents enjoy cuisine is that is always crafted with care. From our 5-star chefs, resident choices and made from scratch meals. Our signature culinary program is excellence in every way.
Trained Professional Chefs: Residents are sure to enjoy their dining experiences thanks to a skilled culinary team which combines nutrition that is pleasing to the palate as well as to the eye. We source our produce locally whenever possible and use high quality meats and seafood. Residents also love our scratch cooked daily using recipes from our highly skilled professional chefs as well as our special event Elegant Dinners within our communities.
Choices in Food: At Ebenezer-managed communities, we offer daily Chef’s Specials daily with an “Always Available” menu to ensure you always get your favorites or something that you enjoy. Additionally, we provide monthly opportunities for our residents to share their feedback about our meal offerings and dining experiences with our Chef and Culinary teams.
Restaurant Style Dining: We offer dining programs which feature restaurant-style menus with a perfect mixture of local and traditional favorites, with seasonal specialties. We offer a variety of options for each meal all of which are flavorful and use low-sodium, heart healthy techniques.
Dietary Considerations: For those residents with specific dietary needs, our team can offer specialized meals which ensure individualized nutrition needs are kept:
- No Salt Added – Our regular menu includes foods with plenty of flavor without extra salt. This menu uses low-sodium options when available.
- 3-4 Gram Sodium Diet – Residents with this dietary restriction follow our “No Salt Added Diet” with minor changes to replace higher sodium foods, such as bacon, ham and other pork products with lower-sodium alternatives.
- Consistent Carbohydrate Diet – Based off our regular diet, which has a consistent amount of carbohydrates at each meal. For those curious, we do allow smaller servings of desserts with this meal plan.
- Low Fat, Low Cholesterol Diet – Residents on this special diet do not receive fried or high-fat content foods. Skim milk and margarine are used. Meals with gravies and high-fat sauces are reduced or eliminated.
- Thickened Liquids – Thick liquids are offered for residents who have choking problems with thin liquids. Thickened liquid diets are often paired with a pureed diet but are available separately.
The “Ebenezer” Difference: At Ebenezer, our sites get the added benefits of having support from our Corporate Pastry Chef to assist with parties and special events as well as our Corporate Registered Dietitian to assist with specialty diets and offer 1:1 support to residents with all of the nutrition questions.
Our Regional Chefs provide 1:1 monthly and as needed support to our Culinary teams within our communities. We also put our culinary teams through Ebenezer Chef Training and provide them with all of the knowledge and accreditations that they would need to become a Chef at any of our Ebenezer-managed locations.