My Total Rewards 2023
Ebenezer offers total rewards to fit your life. We know you and your family have different personal and financial health needs at different stages in life. Eligible employees enjoy a wide range of both traditional benefits and leading-edge rewards. You will enroll online at the time of hire and each year during Open Enrollment. During enrollment you will make choices for medical and dental insurance, health care and dependent care spending accounts, life insurance and much more.
The information below is an overview. Additional information is available through Fairview’s Employee Service Center, 612-672-5050, or toll-free 877-903-5050. New to Ebenezer or newly benefit eligible? Enroll in Benefits HERE
Ebenezer Core Benefits
Employees authorized to work 48 hours or more per pay period are able to choose from four medical plan options administered by UMR. Dependents, spouses, and domestic partners and their children are also eligible for coverage (proof of dependent status will be required upon enrollment of a new dependent). Coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the same day if hired on the first of a month.
Employees have five plans to choose from:
- CORE Copay Plan ($400 individual/$800 family deductible): A traditional copay plan that uses the UnitedHealthcare CORE network of providers.
- CORE High-Deductible Plan ($2000 individual/$4000 family deductible): An annual deductible is required before this plan pays benefits; this plan uses the UnitedHealthcare CORE network of providers. This plan allows you to contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) if you are eligible.
- Choice Plus Copay Plan ($600 individual/$1200 family deductible): A traditional copay plan that uses the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus Network, a broader national network of providers. This national network offers local coverage as well as coverage throughout the country.
- Choice Plus High-Deductible Plan ($2500 individual/$5000 family deductible): An annual deductible is required before this plan pays benefits; this plan uses a broader national network of providers. This national network offers local coverage as well as coverage throughout the country. This plan allows you to contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) if you are eligible.
What you pay each pay period for medical insurance depends on how many people you cover and which plan you choose. View premium rates for each plan.
- UnitedHealthcare CORE Network - The local CORE network is the 11-county Twin Cities metro area that includes providers from Fairview, University of Minnesota Physicians, Entira, and Fairview Physician Associates, as well as North Memorial. If you see a provider in the 11-county metro area they need to be a part of the CORE network. The 11 counties include: Anoka, Carver, Chisago, Dakota, Hennepin, Isanti, Ramsey, Scott, Sherburn, Washington, and Wright. If you live or travel outside of the 11-county metro area, CORE providers are still available but will vary based on your local zip code. You will need to verify with UMR that your provider is covered in your CORE network.
- UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus Network - Includes CORE Network providers as well as local competitors of Fairview. This is a national network that offers local coverage as well as coverage throughout the country so it can be used while traveling or if you have dependents that live in other states.
- Out-of-Network providers offer the lowest level of coverage, if any. You’ll need to pay a larger percentage of the total cost, a higher coinsurance percentage and higher annual out-of-pocket maximums.
For UMR customer service, call 1-844-598-7540
View provider directories and medical benefit summaries on the UMR website by clicking the link below.
To view the prescription drugs that are covered - Clearscript member sign in
Fairview mail-order: 612-672-5261 (Twin Cities Metro) or 866-377-6245 (toll-free)
For dental insurance, employees authorized to work 48 hours or more choose from two different plans—the Base plan and the more comprehensive Enhanced plan, both administered by Delta Dental. Both plans cover preventive services at 100%. Dependents, spouses, and domestic partners and their children are also eligible. Coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the first of the month if hired on the first of a month.
For Delta Dental customer service, you can call 651-406-5916 or toll free 1-800-553-9536.
For member services and provider search, go to www.deltadentalmn.org
For vision insurance, employees authorized to work 48 hours or more per pay period have the option to enroll in the vision plan administered by VSP. Dependents, spouses, and domestic partners and their children are also eligible. Coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the first of the month if hired on the first of a month. For more information and to find a provider, go to www.vsp.com
For customer service call 1-800-877-7195
Spending Accounts and HSA
Flexible Spending Accounts
Ebenezer offers both Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (Health Care FSA) and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care FSA), both administered by VIA Benefits. These accounts can help you save money by setting aside a portion of your income to pay for eligible medical expenses or day care expenses and reducing your taxable income. Coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the first of the month if hired on the first of a month. Eligible employees may choose to enroll in both health care and/or dependent care flexible spending accounts.
Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to set aside a portion of your income (up to $2,850 for 2023) to pay for eligible medical expenses. Once you enroll in a limited or standard Health Care FSA, you cannot drop or make changes to this benefit, unless you experience an eligible status change or qualifying life event. If you are enrolled in a Health Savings Account and a Health Care FSA, your Health Care FSA becomes a "limited purpose" Health Care FSA. This means your eligible expenses under the Health Care FSA are restricted to eligible dental and vision expenses only. The Health Care FSA allows a rollover of $570 into the next plan year; any amount over $570 will be forfeited. Rollover dollars are available for one year before they are forfeited.
Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts allow you to contribute up to a maximum of $5,000 per plan year per household to reimburse yourself for child daycare expenses, summer camps, etc. (does not include healthcare). Once you enroll in a Dependent Care FSA, you cannot drop or make changes to this benefit, unless you experience an eligible status change or qualifying life event. The Dependent Care FSA does not allow rollover dollars. This means you will forfeit any dollars that are not reimbursed during the plan year.
VIA Benefits Website
VIA Benefits customer service 1-800-953-5395
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
For Ebenezer employees who enroll in qualifying High Deductible Health plans, you also have the ability to set up a Health Savings Account (HSA). Ebenezer partners with Optum for HSA administration. An HSA is a tax-advantaged account that allows you to set aside money to pay for eligible out-of-pocket health expenses not covered by your medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision plans. Some examples include copayments, deductibles, eyeglasses, hearing aids, and contacts. Like with the Flexible Spending accounts, you can contribute pre-tax dollars to this account and use the money in your HSA for qualifying healthcare purchases. Unlike the Flexible Spending Accounts, the full balance will be rolled over from year to year, making this a great option for healthcare savings. There is a maximum contribution amount per year for individual and family accounts that is determined by the IRS.
If you choose to make contributions to your HSA, you must make an election each year during the Open Enrollment period. Annually, Ebenezer matches your HSA contributions, up to $500 for employee-only coverage and up to $1,000 for employee plus dependent(s) coverage. All contributions are made per pay period; you will not receive an Ebenezer contribution if you do not contribute to your own HSA.
Important: If you enroll in an HSA, you will not have access to a standard Health Care Flexible Spending Account. Your Health Care Flexible Spending Account will be limited to only vision and dental expenses.
Optum Bank Website
Optum Bank customer service 1-844-326-7967
Life, AD&D, and LTD
Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employees authorized to work 48 or more hours per pay period are eligible for life insurance through Securian. Life insurance coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the first of the month if hired on the first of a month. Your basic, optional, and AD&D coverage reduces to 65 percent at age 70 and to 40 percent at age 80.
Basic Life insurance coverage provided to you is equal to $15,000 or $50,000 depending on your employee group. Ebenezer pays the full cost of coverage.
Optional life insurance coverage is available for purchase for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependent children. You may enroll in optional life insurance for up to eight(8) times your annual earnings to a maximum coverage of $1,250,000. It may be necessary to provide Evidence of Insurability (EOI) to obtain some levels of life insurance. Any coverage amount that requires EOI will not take effect until necessary approval is obtained through Securian.
Optional AD&D insurance can be purchased as a supplement to employee optional life insurance. If your death is the result of an accident, your beneficiary will receive the amount of your AD&D coverage in addition to your basic and optional life insurance benefit. AD&D insurance may also pay all or a portion of your benefit if you are seriously injured in an accident. You may enroll in optional AD&D insurance for up to eight(8) times your annual earnings to a maximum coverage of $1,250,000.
For Securian customer service, call 1-866-293-6047
Disability insurance, administered by Unum, provides a benefit in the event that you become disabled and are unable to work. Coverage is effective the first of the month following your date of hire, or on the first of the month if hired on the first of a month. Disability insurance is provided to you at no cost.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: Provides a benefit equal to 60 percent of your weekly earnings to a maximum benefit $2,500 per week. Coverage begins after seven calendar days of disability and is taxable.
- Long-Term Disability Insurance: Provides a benefit equal to 60 percent of your monthly earnings to a maximum benefit of $15,000 per month. Long-term disability coverage begins after 180 calendar days of disability and is taxable.
For customer service, call 1-800-858-6843
Earned Wage Access
Ebenezer offers access to your earned wages, before your scheduled pay day. You can withdraw up to 50% of your earnings from each worked shift, with free next day ACH transfers to a bank account. For a small fee, you can also access earned wages immediately by transferring to a debit card.
Supplemental Insurance Plans
Ebenezer is pleased to offer a suite of voluntary benefits, available with your full-time benefit package:
- Accident Insurance - The MetLife Accident Plan can protect you and your family from the potential financial impact of an accident by helping to offset out-of-pocket costs, such as deductibles and coinsurance, which are not paid by your medical insurance carrier. Policies are designed to cover injuries and accident-related expenses such expenses as hospitalization, ER care, fractures, dislocations, surgery, and transportation.
- Critical Illness Insurance - The MetLife Critical Illness Plan helps you and your family recover from the financial stress of surviving a critical illness. Policies pay a lump sum benefit for specific serious illnesses.
- Hospital Indemnity Insurance - The MetLife Hospital Indemnity Plan offers you supplemental medical coverage that provides cash benefits to help offset expenses associated with the out-of-pocket costs of deductibles, coinsurance, and non-covered hospital services.
- Identity Theft Protection - The Allstate Identity Protection Plan protects you from unauthorized use or attempted misuse of an existing credit card or other existing account, and the misuse of personal information to open a new account or another fraudulent purpose.
- Legal Plan - The ARAG Legal Plan offers you easy access to qualified attorneys in your area. Plan attorneys provide a wide range of legal services, covering most personal legal needs. ARAG at a glance flier
Premiums for these products are paid through post-tax payroll deductions.
MetLife - How to submit a claim
Allstate Identity Protection Website
Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance
A Message from Liberty Mutual Insurance - www.libertymutual.com/ebenezer
Liberty Mutual has partnered with Ebenezer Society to offer employees special savings on quality auto and home insurance. And with benefits such as Loss Forgiveness and Accident Forgiveness, and discounts such as Multi-Policy and Protective Devices, you’ll worry less and save more. For more information or to get a no-obligation quote, employees should call 800-699-4378 or visit Liberty Mutual to learn more.
Auto and home insurance is a voluntary benefit, and you can switch anytime throughout the year. Subject to eligibility requirements. Benefits and eligibility requirements may vary by state. Accident Forgiveness is subject to terms and conditions of Liberty Mutual’s eligibility guidelines. Not available in CA and may vary by state.
ASPCA Pet Insurance for cats and dogs
There are many reasons why more pet parents today are covering their pets with Pet Health Insurance. Most of all, they want to make sure they'll have financial support if their pet is sick or hurt. That way, they can give their pets the best care possible without worrying about the cost. Ebenezer and Fairview are partnering with ASPCA to make Pet Health Insurance available to you. If interested, reach out today for a quote!
Ebenezer Retirement Plans and Match
All employees are eligible upon hire to contribute to a tax-deferred 401(k) voluntary retirement savings plan sponsored by Fidelity. This includes casual-status employees (percentage contribution only) who would normally not be eligible for benefits. New hires will be automatically enrolled into the tax-deferred option at a three percent contribution level on the first pay date following 35 days of employment. Employees may opt-out of this automatic enrollment or change their contribution percentage by contacting Fidelity at 1-800-343-0860 or www.netbenefits.com/Fairview. Any contributions made cannot be refunded.
Ebenezer also offers a Roth option under the 401(k) plans, which allows you to contribute after-tax dollars to your account at Fidelity and make potentially tax-free withdrawals in retirement.
You may start or stop your contribution at any time through the Fidelity website Netbenefits website. To register or login to your account, click the button below.
Employer Match: Ebenezer matches the first four percent of your contribution at 100 percent, and the following two percent of contributions at 50 percent. This results in a total of a five percent match for a contribution of only six percent. The employer matched portion is immediately vested at 100 percent.
For Fidelity customer service, call 1-800-343-0860
Holidays and Holiday pay
Ebenezer has identified seven holidays: New Year’s Day, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas Day. We also realize that other holidays have personal significance to employees and accommodate requests for those days off under the paid personal leave policy.
All hourly employees who work on a holiday are paid holiday pay equal to the number of hours actually worked at twice the regular rate of pay.
Taking time to grieve is essential to your well-being, but can be financially difficult. Eligible employees may receive up to 3 days of pay for bereavement and/or attending the funeral of an immediate family member.
Leaves of Absence
For specific information about your options and responsibilities for a Leave of Absence or to apply for a leave, you will be able to contact your human resources representative or the Employee Service Center.
Ebenezer provides leaves of absence for eligible employees who need to be away from work for an extended period of time. The following leaves are available:
- Medical, Maternity, FMLA
- Parental, caregiver
- Jury duty
With direct deposit, you can eliminate unnecessary trips to the bank and you know that your pay will be available on pay day. You may authorize all or part of your net pay to be deposited automatically into up to 10 different accounts of your choosing, including checking, payroll savings and credit union accounts. To begin direct deposit, simply fill out the online authorization in Fairview's Lawson HR system or complete a Direct Deposit Authorization Form and we'll take care of the rest.
Paid Time Off (PTO) and Paid Personal Leave (PPL)
All employees with authorized hours earn either PTO or PPL hours, depending on employment group, and can begin using them immediately upon hire. Compared to traditional vacation and sick programs, Ebenezer’s PTO and PPL programs provide employees more choice in when and how to use time off. Paid time off is used for both scheduled and unexpected time off, such as illness or family emergency.
PTO Sell Program
You also have the option to receive a cash payment for some accrued, unused PTO. To participate in this program, you will need to elect the amount of PTO you would like to sell for each quarter of the coming year (from 1 to 20 hours per quarter) during the benefits open enrollment period. The PTO will be paid out to you through payroll the following year on the second pay date of the last month of the quarter.
Ebenezer offers a variety of training opportunities and continuing education programs to all of our employees, including tuition reimbursement, scholarship programs, and loan repayment.
Tuition Assistance and Reimbursement
Through the tuition reimbursement plan, Ebenezer recognizes the importance of continuing education. Benefit-eligible employees may receive reimbursement for up to 100 percent of the cost of tuition and books, up to $5,250 annually. Employees must agree to work at Ebenezer for one year after completion of course work.
Ebenezer also offers a Direct Pay Tuition if you are attending an eligible educational institution. This means that Ebenezer will work directly with the educational institution to pay before you start class. You do not need to pay up front and get reimbursed later. If your educational institution does not participate in Direct Pay, you may still be eligible for reimbursement through the Tuition Reimbursement program. A one-year employment commitment applies to employee receiving a benefit from this program.
Student Loan Repayment
Ebenezer offers an optional student loan repayment program to current and incoming benefit-eligible employees in select job roles. The benefit includes a non-taxable loan forgiveness payment of up to $2,000 per year, not to exceed $10,000 over five consecutive years. Employees must agree to work at Ebenezer for two years after receipt of any student loan repayment benefit.
For more information on Tuition Assistance or to apply CLICK HERE
Ebenezer partners with the Ebenezer Foundation to provide financial assistance for employees seeking continued education to maintain their licensure or further their career. After six months of service, employees who are authorized to work at least 40 hours per pay period are eligible for reimbursement for attending CEU events, Seminars, and other education related to their current position and/or to fulfill licensure or certification requirements. Eligibility requirements for this program are included on the application, which is linked below.
Ebenezer offers on-site childcare at several locations and employees receive a 10% discount toward childcare services at these locations.
The Pillars Child Care
Located in Minneapolis, managed by Ebenezer, part of Fairview Health Services, The Pillars Child Care is one of several Ebenezer intergenerational child care programs in Minnesota. Ebenezer has received national recognition for their intergenerational child care programs. Intergenerational programs are where children and their "grandfriends," (seniors who reside in the building), spend time together reading, sharing music, gardening and more. There are programs for infants, toddlers, and preschool age infants 6 weeks to children 5 years.
For more information on The Pillars Child Care, an Oppidan Property, call 612-623-7023.
Ebenezer Ridges Child Care Program
Conveniently located across from Fairview Ridges Hospital in Burnsville, Ebenezer Ridges Child Care is a faith-based program for infants, toddlers and preschoolers that includes an educational curriculum with music, arts and crafts, inter-generational activities and Spanish and sign language classes.
For more information call 952-898-3576 to schedule a tour.
Ebenezer Ridges Child Care Brochure
Towerlight Child Care Center
Located in St. Louis Park, TowerLight Childcare offers year-round care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
From Ebenezer's unique inter-generational program to their commitment to daily nutrition and active play, TowerLight’s whole-child approach encourages physical and cognitive development. We offer a MacPhail Music partnership for children ages infant to Pre-K
For more information, call 952-920-8112.
Riley Crossing Child Care Center
Located in Chanhassen, Riley Crossing Childcare offers year-round care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years.
From Ebenezer's unique inter-generational program to their commitment to daily nutrition and active play, Riley Crossing's whole-child approach encourages physical and cognitive development. We offer a MacPhail Music partnership for children ages infant to Pre-K.
For more information, call 952.906.7277.
MERSC Childcare Discount
MERSC discounts and opportunities can be found at: https://mersc.com/code_category/education-child-care/
Health and Well-being Resources
Ebenezer is committed to enhancing the health and wellbeing of Ebenezer employees and their families. You have several opportunities and resources to maintain and improve your personal health:
- Wellbeing Reimbursement Program: Ebenezer employees can take advantage of the Fairview Wellbeing Reimbursement program through ThrivePass, regardless of your enrollment in an Ebenezer medical plan. This benefit allows you to get reimbursed for wellbeing related expenses such as gym membership fees, group fitness classes, financial wellbeing courses, race registration fees and more. View more information in this on the Wellbeing Reimbursement Sharepoint page.
- Healthy Savings: Eat healthy and save on your grocery trips this year. Ebenezer will continue to offer all employees a 25 percent discount on your fresh produce purchases up to $5 every week at participating grocery retailers. Sign up for your Healthy Savings card anytime. Find the link on the Employee Wellbeing intranet page, located under Benefits & Services on the Fairview intranet.
- Fairview 24-week Healthy Lifestyle Plan: This program combines all aspects of a healthy lifestyle — medical, emotional, diet, and activity — to create a unique approach for weight management. It combines evidence-based weight loss strategies with one-to-one lifestyle coaching so you can lose weight in a sustainable way. Employees enrolled in an eligible Ebenezer medical plan and their adult dependents can enroll in the program for $99. Ebenezer will cover the remaining $400 of the enrollment fee. Medical weight management appointments with a provider and registered dietician are billed to insurance which may include any co-payment, deductibles, and/or an out-of-pocket expense. Visit the Employee Wellbeing Health page on SharePoint or call 1-833-336-2727 to learn more.
- Amma Parenting Center Classes: Ebenezer partners with AMMA parenting to offer select prenatal and new parent education classes at no cost to Ebenezer employees. View covered classes HERE. Please be prepared to note that you are an Ebenezer employee upfront when registering. This is open to all employees.
- Emergency Back-up Childcare Program: Access emergency backup care at any New Horizon Academy and be reimbursed up to $500 per year through our benefit vendor, ThrivePass. Open to benefit eligible employees only.
- Employee Assistance Program: Employees and family members (ages 13 and up) have access to up to six sessions, per issue, per year, of free, confidential short-term counseling, problem-solving and referrals. Seek help for work or personal concerns including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues and more. For questions, call 1-800-CALL-EAP or email EAP@fairview.org
- "HEARTbeat" Peer-to-peer Recognition Tool - Acknowledge your colleagues' achievements, small or large, with our new peer-to-peer recognition program, HEARTbeat. This simple online tool allows you to easily honor excellence and recognize teamwork by sending a message of praise or gratitude.
- Wellbeing Champion Network: Help us create a culture of health and wellbeing at Ebenezer and Fairview! Volunteer with the Wellbeing Champion Network. Wellbeing Champions are employee volunteers who inspire and help create a culture of health and wellbeing within their work areas. Champions act as liaisons between their departments and the Fairview Employee Wellbeing Program to partner on wellbeing initiatives and programs, promote wellbeing and provide feedback and ideas to make our programs even better. Learn more and get involved here. For questions, please contact Fairview Employee Wellbeing by emailing Wellness@fairview.org.
- Caregiver Assurance: Caregiver Assurance is a service and resource for people struggling to help an aging loved one live on their own. All Ebenezer employees are eligible for this benefit.
Employee Perks and Discounts
Employees may purchase discounted tickets for movies, theme parks, Minnesota State Fair and other events. For more specific information refer to the Fairview Intranet and select Benefits and Services, and then select Employee Perks and Discounts. You will need your employee badge to make a purchase.
We are also a member of MERSC (the Minnesota Employee Recreation & Services Council), which offers employees discounts for various goods and services. Discounts change from time to time so please visit the website prior to going to a vendor and requesting a Fairview Employee Discount. You will need your Ebenezer badge to make a purchase. For more information go to www.mersc.org.
Corporate Health Club Discounts are available at a variety of locations and businesses throughout the Twin Cities metro area. Find more information about the corporate discounts here.
Healthclub Discounts List
This is intended to provide a summary of benefits offered to Ebenezer employees. While Ebenezer believes the information included in this summary to be true, it is not intended to be all-inclusive nor is it intended to set conditions of employment. Ebenezer reserves the right to modify, change or reserve any part or parts of this information at any time. The language in this summary is not intended to create, nor can it be construed to create, a contract between Ebenezer and its employees. The language in the insurance contracts and documents will prevail should there be a conflict of information.
For information on end of employment benefits click here
Ebenezer is Minnesota’s largest senior living operator with over 100 years of experience serving older adults. As part of Fairview Health Services, Ebenezer is dedicated to healing, discovering and educating for longer, healthier and meaningful lives.
Discrimination is Against the Law. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws. We do not discriminate against, exclude or treat people differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex or sexual orientation.
Español Soomaali Tiếng Việt العربية Русский Oroomiffa Hmoob 繁體中文 አማርኛ ខ្មែរ ພາສາລາວ 한국어 Français فارسی ကညီ