Choosing a senior living community can feel like a daunting task. To help narrow down your options, ask yourself these questions first:
What Type of Senior Housing do I Need?
Not all senior housing is the same. There are many options to consider depending on the level of care you need:
- Independent Senior Living – For those who want to live on their own. Includes independent living apartments, townhomes, condominiums or cooperative buildings designed for active adults age 55 and older. If you need a little extra help, you can contract services such as housekeeping, personal care or wellness.
- Assisted Living – Offers a rental apartment for those who don’t require complicated, full time medical assistance. You can continue living independently, but care is there when you need it through care attendants and nurses. Meals and light housekeeping are part of the package.
- Memory Care – Includes special touches for those with memory loss, such as uniquely designed apartments, specialized programming and controlled exits to give you peace of mind knowing residents won’t wander off the property. Caregivers are also specially trained to work with people with dementia, providing a higher, more personalized level of care and attention.
- Enhanced Care - Enhanced Care Suites provide 24-hour health care, within a homelike setting, for those needing advanced care within our senior living community--for short term or long term. Enhanced care includes three meals, housekeeping, and a package of care services designed specifically for your higher care needs.
- Nursing Homes – Offer high-level nursing care around the clock. Long-term care is provided for those who have serious or persistent health issues. There are also short-term care options – or transitional care – for those who need rehabilitation services after an illness or injury. Nursing homes are licensed healthcare facilities that are inspected and regulated by the state department of health.
Ebenezer is the largest senior housing provider in Minnesota and offers a wide variety of senior living options including active 55+, independent, assisted living, and memory care communities as well as those with higher needs such as enhanced care and care centers. We also offer short-term care options such as transitional care, stay by the day and adult day programs. Each is designed to help you live more independent, meaningful and secure lives. For additional help in determining which Ebenezer community is right for you, contact a community nearest to you.
What Happens if I Need Advanced Care?
If your care changes, make sure your senior living community is equipped to handle your shifting needs. Can you easily move from assisted living to a nursing home? Is a hospital nearby if you need it? Can you keep your existing physician? Will your medical records easily be transferred?
Not only does Ebenezer offer all types of senior living communities, but we are also affiliated with Fairview Health Services. This means you have a wealth of resources at your disposal, from top-notch physicians to the latest in Alzheimer’s research. Each day we are working to improve the quality and safety of patient care, which is how Ebenezer and Fairview became pioneers in the secure transmission of electronic health records between nursing homes and hospitals.
Where do I Want to Live?
Moving into senior housing brings exciting changes, like choosing the exact area you want to live. Do you prefer the familiarity of your current location and want to find senior housing in your own community? Or, do you look forward to moving closer to loved ones who may live in a different area? Perhaps you are interested in experiencing a new neighborhood altogether?
There are more than 100 Ebenezer independent living, assisted living, memory care and nursing homes in both urban and rural settings throughout Minnesota. Since 1917, we’ve been Minnesota’s leader in senior housing, memory care and assisted living. For more than 100 years, our mission-based organization has been members of your community. Now, we invite you to be a part of ours.
Schedule a tour today to learn more about the vibrant senior living options at Ebenezer.